Spaceman Spiff Manages Spaces¶
|Author:||Torrie Fischer <email@example.com>|
|Date:||February 08, 2014|
Spiff is a Django API server that helps you manage a hackerspace. It comes with a builtin web interface for end users, but is also exceptionally machine friendly.
It is made available to the public under the AGPL.
Django==1.6 Jinja2==2.6 Markdown==2.2.1 PIL==1.1.7 Pygments==1.6rc1 South==0.8.3 Sphinx==1.1.3 git+https://github.com/LeadSift/django-gravatar.git#egg=django-gravatar django-notification git+https://github.com/tdfischer/django-openid-auth.git#egg=django-openid-auth django-openid-provider==0.4 MarkupSafe==0.18 django-webfinger==0.2 django-bootstrap-toolkit==2.15.0 django-tastypie==0.10.0 docutils==0.10 isodate==0.4.9 python-openid==2.2.5 qrcode==2.4.2 requests==1.0.4 stripe==1.7.7 wsgiref==0.1.2 xrd==0.1 mimeparse==0.1.3 django-nose==1.2
- Track member dues to see who is paid for the month
- Multiple ranks with independent monthly dues
- Keep track of space resources and metadata associated with each resource
- Generate QR codes to stick on things that link to Resource pages
- Create arbitrary membership fields with visibility settings such as “Door Keycode” (editing/viewing limited to officers), “Enjoys Smooth Jazz” (viewing limited to members only), or “Nobel Prizes Earned” (public to the internet).
- A simple REST api to access everything
- A merit-based proficiency tracking system
- Machine and user-friendly sensor tracking
- Perform actions when sensors are updated
- An implementation of the SpaceAPI
- Accept member dues through Stripe
- Use of Django’s builtin admin interface to provide low-level database editing.
- Keep track of who is certified to use equipment
- Merit based equipment skill level ranking system
- API Documentation
- Developing Spiff
- Spaces using Spiff